Full Beam Headlight Restoration does not just polish the headlight surface for a temporary fix. We completely remove the old and perished headlight coating and re-apply 2 coats of extremely tough modern UV resistant clear coat using a specialist spray gun equipment to provide a professional and long lasting fix.
Once on site the following process is followed:
- Mask the headlight edges and wrap the front of the vehicle to protect from over spray and sanding dust
- Mechanically remove all of the the old headlight coating from both headlights. This step takes the longest amount of time
- Once the coating is removed the surface is polished using a very fine polishing pad to try and restore the headlight lens surface back, as close as possible, to it's orignal condition
- Clean the surface using a decontaminate to remove any traces of oil, wax and/or other solvents
- Wipe the headlight surfaces with a high tack cloth to pick up any loose particles and dust.
- Apply 2 coats of modern UV resistant clearcoat using a pneumatic paint gun sprayer. We do not use hobbyist aerosol spray cans
- Wait for the new clear coat to cure then remove the masking, tidy up and remove all waste.